New website to follow Burgess Hill growth
Burgess Hill is a well-connected, attractive place to live and in the next few years will see significant growth and investment to ensure it continues to be a modern, thriving town where residents can live, work and play.
You can now keep track of all the proposed changes and follow the growth of the town on www.burgesshill.net , a dedicated website that is home to all the latest information.
The Council has prepared a Strategic Growth Programme for Burgess Hill that will transform the local economy, create thousands of new high value jobs in technology-led industries, and make Burgess Hill one of the most attractive places in the region to live and to do business.
Key projects include:
- 3,500 new homes at the Northern Arc, 30% of which will be affordable housing
- two new primary schools and a secondary school to help meet the demand for school places and provide further choice for local families
- a dedicated centre for community sport
- dualling the A2300 to improve connectivity and ease congestion
- 465,000 sq ft of new town centre shopping and dining facilities
- gigabit broadband infrastructure
- new playgrounds, parks and community open space
- new community leisure and health facilities
- a new business parks with 25 hectares of employment space
- a science and technology park creating a high number of skilled jobs
- protection and enhancement of the Green Circle network
- a new spine road between the A2300 and the A273 Isaac’s Lane across the development to improve traffic flow
- £12 million for improved transport links
The Strategic Growth Programme for Burgess Hill is the most ambitious programme of change anywhere in the sub-region. Our ambition is to transform the local economy, creating thousands of new high value jobs in technology-led industries, and making Burgess Hill one of the most attractive places in the region to live and to do business. Join us on our journey at www.burgesshill.net.