Sussex firms gather to discuss skills and apprenticeships at Open4Business 2019
Representatives from over 45 Sussex businesses gathered to network, make new connections and gain valuable insights about how apprenticeships and other solutions could help them address skills gaps in their organisations at our annual The Open4Business event in March.
The focus this year was on Skills and Apprenticeships, so it was it was fitting that the Harlands Road College site in Haywards Heath was selected to host the event.
An extensive programme of speakers delivered interesting and informative talks on a range of topics including:
- Busting apprenticeship myths
- Launching the Young Apprenticeships Ambassadors network and the benefits of apprenticeships to businesses
- The Catalyst team: a new way of sourcing talent in Sussex
- The importance of STEM skills
- How to match talent to your organisation
- Meeting the skills challenge in Sussex
- The different options available to fill skills gaps in your business
As an area with a period of rich development and growth ahead of it, Mid Sussex is poised to welcome many more innovative businesses and employees to the region. Events such as this help the business community to come together, share experiences and ideas and work together to prepare for this exciting future.