Easing of Covid-19 restrictions
Further coronavirus restrictions were cautiously lifted on 17 May. Some of the rules on what you can and cannot do may have changed but many restrictions remain in place.
The 17 May changes are as follows:
• The rest of the accommodation sector will open.
• Outdoor gatherings of up to 30 people will be permitted.
• Indoors, the rule of 6 or two households will apply.
• Indoor hospitality will reopen. Venues that serve alcohol must provide table service.
• Indoor entertainment and attractions, including cinemas, museums and soft play will reopen.
• Indoor exercise classes and adult group sports can resume.
• Performances and sporting events in indoor and outdoor venues can resume with capacity limits.
• Up to 30 people will be able to attend significant life events including weddings, receptions, christenings and bar mitzvahs.